1 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 lb blade cut beef roast
4 Fresh carrots peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 Lg. onion, cut into 2-inch thick slices
3 Red potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 Pkg. Lipton Onion Soup
1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Mix flour and salt and pepper and dredge roast in it.
2. Heat oil in non-stick skillet and brown floured roast in it.
3. Place onion slices, carrot and potatoes in a 6-quart crock pot with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place browned roast on top of vegetables.
5. Sprinkle entire envelope of Lipton Onion Soup mix over roast.
6. Sprinkle Worcester-shire sauce over onion soup mixture.
7. Cook on low setting of crock pot for 6-8 hours. After 6 hours, check to see of roast is fork tender.
8. If gravy is desired, turn crock pot to high for 15 minutes with juices still in the pot.
9. Put 1/3 C juice from pot into jelly jar with a lid and add 1 Tbsp flour. Shake well until mixture is smooth with no lumps.
10. Add mixture to remaining juices in crock pot and whisk until you have a smooth gravy. Season to taste with salt and pepper and or Maggi seasoning. Serve in a bowl or gravy boat.
"Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking," Capt. Dick May's newest cookbook, can be ordered at www.Amazon.com. Go to "Cookbooks," then to the "Food and Wine" category. Type in "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" and click. A picture of the cookbook, price and information for ordering will be displayed.